"L stands for little": dedicated to every girl who has ever said, "I'm starting Monday"!

Learning to love & take care of the body we have!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Double duty!



After my extremely boring and sedentary computer training I suddenly got this surge of energy when I got home and decided to head to the gym for round dos!  Funny because I was fighting to keep my eyes open the entire time during the training class, guess I had a lot of energy I needed to release.  

I decided against the ThinkThin bar and opted for more of a sugary snack for an added pick me up!  It sure did the trick, I felt great at the gym.  I topped an organic brown rice caramel cake with a T. melted PB mixed with 1/4 C whipped cottage cheese, 6 banana slices and a drizzle of honey.  The cottage cheese PB combo was fantastic!  I think I might have cottage cheese coming out my ears I've been eating it so much.  I made a special trip to Whole Foods just to make this special whipped cottage cheese purchase, bought 3, then got home and realized they expired in 4 days!  ahhhh!  Note to self....look at the expiration date before you hit the checkout stand :)

ate this treat at 2:30pm
EXSC:  legs and biceps
back squats 3 sets of 12 at 45lbs, 55 lbs, 65 lbs
good mornings 2 sets of 12 at 45lbs & 55 lbs
lean back cable curls 50lbs x 12 reps
lying leg curls 3 sets of 12 reps at 70lbs
standing EZ curl 3 sets of 12 at 30lbs
leg ext machine 3 sets of 20 at 87.5 lbs
20 lunges each leg with bicep curl using 10 lb dumbells
hammer culrs 3 sets of 12 at 12 lbs.
Finish with 20 minutes on the stairclimber while reading my new issue of Women's HealthMag

My snack held me over for about 3 1/2 hrs until dinner was ready.  My wonderful hubby made a turkey bean chili using a package of Bob's Redmill bean soup and ground turkey.  I put mine in a smaller serving dish and topped it with a sprinkle of cheese.
The strawberries in the fridge were looking nearly wilted so I threw together a spinach, strawberry, sliced almond salad with homemade raspberry poppyseed dressing.  I used 1/2 C of the yogurt I made with the cheese cloth mixed with raspberry balsamic vinegar and poppy seeds.  It was so good and oh so healthy without any added oils :)
Dessert:  1/3 C. whipped cottage cheese topped with 1/2 C banana sugar free pudding, the other half of my banana form earlier & a few chopped walnuts.  Oh how I love dessert!  Hopefully I can wait to indulge in this until The Office comes on in an hour :)

No comments: