"L stands for little": dedicated to every girl who has ever said, "I'm starting Monday"!

Learning to love & take care of the body we have!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Choices


I just love the working with the youth.  Tonight I met with a group of 14 & 15 year old girls for a group activity.  We talked about "true beauty" and happiness.  I believe we make choices every single day and one of the most important choices we make is to be happy.  I am not perfect at this.  Many times I have let my self ruin my day as well as others because I am unhappy with my outward appearance.  How selfish!  Life is too short to stress over 5 lbs, smeared make-up, wrinkled clothes, or any other tangeable item.  There have been so many times I skipped a fun social event in fear I would not be able to adhere to my "diet".  It's totally rediculous, I know but I'm guilty of it.  I love this quote one of the other adults shared with the group...

If happiness is the most attractive accessory a young woman can have, then a smile would have to be the most charming cosmetic.

So true isn't it!  I really want to wake up each morning and choose to be happy.  That is my goal from now on!

Now, onto dinner around 5:45pm I had this delicious "mexican pizza"; made on a 110 calorie pita bread with 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella, sauteed onions, olive, cilantro, scrambled egg whites and left over turkey meatloaf crumbles.  I sprinkled some "old Bay" seasoning on top for some spice I love it!

I turned this simple piece of pita bread into........
THIS

and a  side chef salad with 1 T Newmans Light Balsamic Vinagrette

a cold treat to warn off the sweet tooth...sugar free popsicles yummy!


Dessert 8:45pm:  after the activity there was some delicious looking cake but I turned it down because I knew I was going to be coming home to have a bowl of this deliciousness!  1/2 C. whipped cottage cheese, 4 sliced strawberries, 8 blueberries
tonight was a great night!  Yes I felt I ate well & was in control of my eating, but more importantly I feel spiritually uplifted and ready tackle life's challenges!
 "Tell me what you smile or laugh at and I'll tell you who you are"
-Marcel Pagnol (Reader's Digest September 2007, 95)
GOOD NIGHT! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! i guess i'm one of the girls this blog is dedicated to, as i'm sure i have said that once or twice before! =P